To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Get your free guest access SIGN UP TODAY To continue enjoying Building.co.uk, sign up for free guest accessExisting subscriber? LOGIN Subscribe to Building today and you will benefit from:Unlimited access to all stories including expert analysis and comment from industry leadersOur league tables, cost models and economics dataOur online archive of over 10,000 articlesBuilding magazine digital editionsBuilding magazine print editionsPrinted/digital supplementsSubscribe now for unlimited access.View our subscription options and join our community Subscribe now for unlimited access Stay at the forefront of thought leadership with news and analysis from award-winning journalists. Enjoy company features, CEO interviews, architectural reviews, technical project know-how and the latest innovations.Limited access to building.co.ukBreaking industry news as it happensBreaking, daily and weekly e-newsletters
EUROPE: Knorr-Bremse’s Microelettrica Scientifica subsidiary has acquired Heine Resistors GmbH, a Dresden-based manufacturer of specialist resistors for power and rail vehicle applications including rheostatic braking.Heine was founded in 1904 and now has 60 staff. It recorded sales of €10m in 2009, with a strong customer base in its German home market. In 2005 the Heine Resistors (Suzhou) Co Ltd subsidiary was established in China to serve the Asian market. Announcing the acquisition on October 27, Knorr-Bremse said that key management positions would remain unchanged to retain the company’s expertise. Milano-based Microelettrica Scientifica has been part of the Knorr-Bremse Group since 2005, and produces contactors, switches, relays and resistors for rail and industrial applications.
South African Chauffeur Industry Truffles Fuel South African Industry South African doll entrepreneur South African winger Kobus van Wyk. COURTESY via Ultimate RugbySouth African winger Kobus van Wyk will have a chance to showcase his talent in England and Europe after he signed for Premiership Rugby side Leicester Tigers.Van Wyk, who is currently playing for the Hurricanes in New Zealand’s Super Rugby Aotearoa, will join his new club at the end of the campaign.The South African was a surprise signing for the Hurricanes at the start of this season as importation of foreign players by New Zealand clubs does not happen very often.Leicester’s Director of Rugby Geordan Murphy welcomed the addition of van Wyk whom he described as a “proven finisher with an impressive resume in the southern hemisphere.”“He is a big, strong and hard-working player with the qualities we are looking for on the pitch and an impressive man who shares the values we have here at the club and are integral to what we are building in Leicester,” Murphy said.The 28-year-old said he was looking forward to a new challenge in a new environment and helping the team compete for honours.“I haven’t played in Europe or the United Kingdom before so I am excited to meet the boys and get stuck in with them and for what is ahead for us in the future,” van Wyk said.“They want to get Leicester back up, competing again to win trophies and to have the club in contention, which I want to be a part of and contribute with the boys,” he added.Van Wyk previously played Western Province at Under-18, 19 and 21 levels and went on to represent the DHL Stormers in Super Rugby. He made more than 30 appearances in two seasons for the Stormers since his debut in 2014.Van Wyk also joined French Top 14 club Bordeaux Begles for five months as a “medical joker”, a player signed by a professional club as an injury replacement.He would return to South Africa joining the Sharks in 2017 and represent the Durban-based side in both Super Rugby and the Currie Cup over the course of two seasons.Related
LocalNews Government willing to assist physically challenged with housing by: – December 5, 2013 Share Sharing is caring! Prime Minister Roosevelt SkerritThe Dominica Government has announced that it is willing to assist people who are physically challenged or families with physically challenged members living in improper housing conditions through its housing program.Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit revealed during an awards ceremony of the Dominica Association of Persons living with Disabilities (DAPD) earlier this week that physically challenged citizens should be treated equally. “Government’s housing program is for all citizens in need and I hope that no disabled person or family with disabled members is left out and thus not benefiting from the housing revolution”.He noted that he would be “deeply moved and would initiate immediate action” if there were any disabled persons “who get wet at night or during the day when it is raining because they do not have adequate covering and other protection in their homes”. Thus, he called on the DAPD to assist in compiling a database with persons who are in need of housing assistance. “If such persons or family exist, I would welcome the assistance of the DAPD to draw up a database of such individuals and families so that acting together we can correct this inequality,” he noted. “I would hold this position equally for those who in 2013 suffer the indignity of having to leave their homes in rain or in sunshine to get to the pit latrine when nature calls,” Mr Skerrit said.Meanwhile, Minister for Community Development and Social Services, Gloria Shillingford called on citizens to change their mentality towards the physically challenged, “to allow for increased acceptance and respect for persons with disabilities”.“In fact, I urge every citizen of this country to adopt a more compassionate attitude to such persons and to welcome them as family, neighbors, co-workers and friends,” Mrs Shillingford stated.Dominica Vibes News Share Tweet Share 29 Views one comment
Share 29 Views no discussions Share PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC) – A 12-year-old boy is among four people who will reappear in court on February 26 charged with the murder of a mechanic, who was bludgeoned to death at his home in Diego Martin, west of here, earlier this month.The 12-year-old child, along with his 16-year-old sister and another 16-year-old youth have been charged jointly with 18-year-old Stefan Frederick, with the murder of 54-year-old Dulraj Boyan Deodath, between January 16-19.All four have also been charged with robbing the victim of a TT$150,000 (One TT dollar =US$0.37 cents) vehicle, a TT$2,000 leaf blower, a TT$400 watch, and a bank card valued at TT$25.Chief Magistrate Marcia Ayers-Caesar asked the relatives of the minors to stand at their sides as the charges were read on Wednesday.All of the charges were laid indictably, and none of the accused were called upon to plead.Defence attorney Criston Chandler, who represented the four accused, told the court he was asking that the relevant files be forwarded to the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Roger Gaspard SC for the purpose of a State attorney to be appointed and for disclosure to be made.Frederick was remanded into custody at the Golden Grove Prison, while the 16-year-old girl was remanded to the Women’s Prison. The other two boys were sent to the Youth Training Centre (YTC).Caribbean Media Corporation Tweet Share Sharing is caring! NewsRegional 12-year-old on murder charge in T&T by: – January 30, 2014
Tweet Share Share Sharing is caring! LocalNews Dominica to get 1st Kempinski Hotel in Eastern Caribbean by: Dominica Vibes News – November 7, 2014 Financial Secretary, Rosemond Edwards signing the contract on behalf of the Dominica government, Mohammed Asaria signing on behalf of Range Developments and Xavier Destribats on behalf of the Kempinski Hotel while Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit, Tourism Minister Ian Douglas and Dominica’s Ambassador to the United Nations, Vince Henderson looks onDominica is to become the first Caribbean destination where a Kempinski Hotel will be constructed.The government of Dominica, Range Developments Limited and International Luxury Hotel brand Kempinski signed contracts for the construction of a one hundred (100) romance suit room hotel at Douglas Bay in Portsmouth. Kempinski was founded in Germany in 1897 and currently operates over seventy high-end luxury hotels in thirty countries across the globe. The contract for the construction of the hotel was signed at a ceremony at the Fort Young Hotel on 7 November 2014 by Financial Secretary, Rosemond Edwards on behalf of the Dominica government, Mohammed Asaria, signing on behalf of Range Developments and Xavier Destribats on behalf of Kempinski. Speaking at the signing ceremony on Friday, Mohammed Asaria said the construction of Kempinski Hotel in Dominica will have a significant impact on the Dominican economy as several jobs will be created from this project. “Kempinski Dominica will create jobs direct and indirect, [the] economic impact to the country will be significant, it will uplift the tourism industry in line with the country’s master plan for the tourism development,” Asaria said. Asaria, who informed that efforts to begin the project has been ongoing over a year ago, said technical due diligence on the construction site has been undertaken and work is expected to commence immediately. Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit“Legal new diligence on the site and initial design work has already been completed and let me tell you about this site, we believe Douglas Bay in Cabrits is one of the finest beaches in this part of this part of the Caribbean, it’s a site which has privacy and allows for the creation of a unique hotel product, a hideaway resort,” he said. He added that environmental work which they “are very sensitive to” will be undertaken with all sensitivity and ensure that what is designed and built “is something which has harmony between land and sea, between waves and wildlife and ensure an experience from sunrise to sunset which is unrivaled”.Asaria added further, that world class designers from Spain, Miami and Europe have been contacted to design the hotel. Range Capital Partners are the developers of the Park Hyaat Hotel in St Kitts and recently won an award for the best hotel and construction design in the Caribbean. Meanwhile Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said the new hotel will add to the number of high quality rooms in Dominica, particularly in the north. “We look forward to fulfilling the objectives of creating high quality direct jobs, opportunities for farmers to sell their produce and for other service providers to create small to medium size businesses to services to the hotel”. The Prime Minister also revealed that the project will be funded under the arrangements of the Citizenship by Investment Programme. “Dominica’s CBI program is one which is highly regarded; it is described as won which is well regulated and administered. This government has ensured that while every effort is made to offer a product which meets the needs of prospective investors that the program maintains its integrity and credibility,” he said. Mr Skerrit is confident that the partnership with Kempinski Hotel and Range Developers Limited to construct the 100-room suit will be beneficial to Dominica.Dominica Vibes News 936 Views 2 comments Share
Share President of the Caribbean Court of Justice, Sir Dennis ByronKINGSTON, Jamaica (Jamaica Information Service) — President of the Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ), Sir Dennis Byron, has called for increased use of technology by the police, particularly in Jamaica, to reduce crime.He contends that in Jamaica’s ongoing development of justice reform initiatives, technology must be pivotal in the interventions being considered to fight crime.“This includes the use of wireless surveillance, global positioning systems (GPS), personal digital assistant (PDA) devices, in-car computers and vest-mounted cameras to enhance and eventually replace hand written police reports, station diaries and eye-witness testimony,” Sir Dennis explained.He was delivering the 23rd annual Churches’ Emancipation Lecture at Webster Memorial United Church in Kingston, on Sunday, July 31.Sir Dennis noted that criminal justice reform initiatives already undertaken in Jamaica have demonstrated that the process requires “cross-disciplinary, holistic, cultural and societal approaches”, to yield the desired outcomes.He further stated that it was also necessary to lobby dispensational change among all the major stakeholders, including the police, judiciary and legal fraternity and correctional service.Sir Dennis cautioned, however, that investments in technology must be coupled with adequate training of the persons who will use the inputs to ensure strategic and optimal use and outcomes that redound to the nation’s benefit.The CCJ president also emphasized that introducing Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) practices for lesser crimes and encouraging more persons committing offences to plead guilty for their indiscretions, are among the measures that can further strengthen the ongoing reforms and complement recommended strategies.The 2016 Churches’ Emancipation Lecture was held under the theme: ‘The Lesson and the Legacy: Justice Reform and Emancipation’.It aims to provide the public with in-depth analyses about the impact of slavery and emancipation on the Jamaican and Caribbean people.The event is organized by the congregations of Bethel and Boulevard Baptist Churches; Hope, Meadowbrook and Webster Memorial United Churches; and the United Theological College of the West Indies (UTCWI). Sharing is caring! Share Tweet NewsRegional CCJ president urges greater use of technology to reduce crime by: (Jamaica Information Service) – August 2, 2016 Share 34 Views no discussions
COLUMBUS, Ga. – The No. 14 West Florida men’s golf team teed off today at the Aflac / Cougar Invitational hosted by Columbus State, and fans can follow the action through live scoring at Golfstat.com. The Argonauts are one of 11 ranked teams in NCAA Division II in the 21-team field.Click here to follow the action live. For information on all UWF Athletics, visit www.GoArgos.com. Print Friendly Version Carlos Rodriguez (Photo by Ron Besser) Live Scoring Available for Aflac / Cougar Invitational Share
Central Emergency Services reported no serious injuries, likely no medical transport to the hospital. FacebookTwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享An vehicle accident on K-Beach Road at College Loop is blocking one lane of traffic. Drivers should be cautious approaching the area. We will update this story when more information is provided.